Correctly look at standby oil consumption, "burning" oil is not necessarily a bad thing
After replacing the new oil, will you still pay attention to the oil from time to time? In fact, the oil will be consumed when you are not paying attention.
First of all, the correct concept should be established for engine oil consumption. As long as the engine is running, the organic oil will be consumed. In the case of good condition, the oil will also have normal consumption. There are three main ways of normal consumption:
1. The gap between the inlet and exhaust valve stems and the valve guide, a small amount of oil must pass through the valve oil seal to prevent the valve from being stuck in the valve guide.
2. The gap between the piston and the cylinder wall. The piston ring brings the residual lubricating oil film on the cylinder wall into the combustion chamber during the ascending process.
3. The misty oil droplets splashed during the high-speed rotation of the crankshaft enter the combustion chamber through the positive ventilation duct of the crankcase.
The lubricating oil consumed by the above three ways is finally entered into the cylinder through various channels, and is discharged into the atmosphere after combustion, so that the normal oil consumption is also "burned". Although this oil consumption is not large, after a period of use, it is still possible to detect that the amount of oil is decreasing, so the amount of oil must be checked regularly and added as needed.
So, how much oil consumption is the normal consumption? China's national standard stipulates that the ratio of oil to fuel consumption is less than 1.0%. According to this calculation, the engine displacement is 1.6-2.0L, and the fuel consumption is 10L/100KM. The oil consumption should be less than 1L/1000KM. Foreign countries do not make regulatory requirements for car engine oil consumption. It is generally believed that the engine oil consumption may reach 0.3L/1000KM during the initial 1000KM running-in period; after 1000KM, the engine oil consumption will remain within 0.2L/1000KM. .
However, if the oil consumption is indeed too large, it should be repaired at the designated service station. The general reason for excessive oil burn may be caused by the following factors:
1. There is oil leakage in the lubrication system.
2. Excessive wear and damage to the cylinder wall and piston ring.
3. The valve oil seal is damaged or hardened and aged.
4. Add too much oil and exceed the upper limit of the oil gauge.