The difference between gas vehicles and gasoline and diesel vehicles
1. What is the difference between a gas car and a petrol car or a diesel car?
The lubrication maintenance of gas vehicles is more demanding than gasoline and diesel vehicles, mainly due to the following reasons:
● Gas engine combustion chamber temperature is much higher than the use of gasoline and diesel, causing excessive aging of lubricating oil, resulting in lubrication failure and early wear of components.
● The seat and components are dry and non-lubricated, which is prone to excessive wear.
● There is more nitrogen in the exhaust gas, which promotes excessive deterioration of oil and sludge.
In general, it is difficult to achieve two high (high temperature, high nitrogen) (difficult to lubricate).
Second, why is the lubrication of gas vehicles two high and one difficult?
● High temperature of the combustion chamber
The combustion value of LPG, CNG, and LNG is larger than that of gasoline, which increases the temperature of the combustion chamber. Relative to different gas sources, different power gas engine combustion chamber temperatures are several tens to several hundred degrees higher than gasoline vehicles.
● difficult to lubricate
The high temperature is not conducive to the formation of the lubricating oil film, and promotes the rapid oxidation of the oil to high temperature, increased deposits, affecting the efficacy and service life of the oil.
Gasoline engine gasoline is injected into the cylinder in the form of small droplets, which can lubricate and cool the valve, valve seat and other components; and LPG (CNG/LNG) enters the cylinder in a gaseous state without lubrication, which is easy to cause Wear of parts.
● High nitrogen oxide content in the exhaust gas
Although LPG, CNG, and LNG are clean fuels, the high temperature of the combustion chamber causes the nitrogen oxide content in the exhaust gas to rise, causing the oil to be nitrated, producing excessive sludge and shortening the service life of the oil.
Third, gas vehicles need to use special engine oil
● For gas vehicles with “two high and one difficult” lubrication characteristics, special lubricants must be used instead of the oil used in steam (wood) vehicles.
● Steam (diesel) oil is developed according to the engine working condition and lubrication characteristics of gasoline and diesel vehicles. It cannot be adapted to the lubrication state of gas engines. If used, it will bring irreparable damage to the engine.
4. Why can't steam and diesel oil be used for gas vehicle lubrication?
● The high temperature generated by LPG, CNG and LNG will cause the ordinary grade oil to oxidize too quickly, resulting in the deterioration of the oil quality or the failure of the oil, which is not conducive to the lubrication and protection of the engine.
● Under the action of high temperature, the high ash additive of common engine oil can easily form hard deposits on the surface of engine parts. (ash is sulphated ash, which is an indicator of how much metal additives in lubricating oil)
● Ordinary oil can't solve the problem of valve wear and tight closure caused by gas dryness.
● The exhaust gas of gas vehicles contains a large amount of nitrides, which promotes the nitrification of ordinary engine oil, generates a large amount of sludge, blocks oil passages or generates harmful substances such as paint film.
5. What are the consequences of using gas and diesel oil in gas vehicles?
● Lack of lubrication protection, causing abnormal engine wear or failure.
● Deposits caused by high ash cause engine component wear, spark plug blockage and valve carbon deposit, causing engine knock, ignition failure and valve fire, resulting in engine weakness, power instability and other issues, resulting in shortened engine life.
● The valve is worn and not tightly closed, causing the engine power to drop or fail to work.
● Produce a large amount of sludge, block the oil path or generate harmful substances such as paint film.
Sixth, choose lubricants:
Why use natural gas special oil?
The reason for the decline in the power of natural gas vehicles is due to the decrease in the aeration coefficient and the low compression of the engine; the early wear of the engine is caused by the presence of trace amounts of sulfide in the natural gas; the measures to increase the power of the natural gas engine mainly include the intake pressure boost and the engine compression ratio. And the use of dedicated natural gas engine lubricants; ways to prevent corrosion and early wear include natural gas desulfurization, the use of corrosion-resistant materials to make engines and the use of dedicated natural gas engine oils; the use of dedicated natural gas engine lubricants to increase power and prevent engine corrosion and early wear and tear It has a significant effect and is a simple, economical and effective measure.