Lubricating oil technology question and answer
1. Is the oil black in the process of using lubricating oil normal?
A: There are three reasons for the blackening of oil:
(1) Deterioration of lubricating oil, (2) Wear of parts, (3) Impurities entering the fuel tank. If there is no impurity entering the fuel tank during use, the quality of the lubricating oil itself may be considered to be a problem. The brand of the oil should be replaced. It is normal to have a slightly darker color, but it should not become very dark (engine oil is different).
Second, the old equipment can use a little oil?
A: Under normal circumstances, the wear parts of the equipment are surface-treated, so the surface hardness of the parts is high and it is not easy to wear, but the inside of the parts is soft. The surface of some parts of the old equipment is worn out, so it will be better with poor lubricating oil. Accelerate the wear and tear of parts. We do not recommend using lower or poorer lubricants.
Third, why can't other oils replace gear oil?
A: We have found that individual users use anti-wear hydraulic oil, rail oil, turbine oil (turbine oil) or ordinary mechanical oil instead of gear oil. This is not true, because the power of the whole machine is transmitted through the gear shifting. The meshing line on the gear tooth surface is subjected to a huge load, and the lubricating oil is required to have extreme pressure, while other oils do not contain extreme pressure additives. , can not protect the tooth surface, so it will cause pitting, breakage and other phenomena on the tooth surface.
4. As long as the viscosity is the same, different types of gear oils can replace each other?
A: No! The same is the level of the gear oil, heavy-duty gear oil can replace the light-duty gear oil, on the contrary, it is not possible. At present, the domestic common gear oil is mostly medium-load or below gear oil, which is not suitable for high-speed and high-load equipment.
5. How is the oil whitening caused?
Answer: Under normal circumstances, the blush of the oil is caused by the water tank entering the water. It is an emulsification phenomenon. It should avoid entering the oil tank or preventing the rain from entering the opened oil drum. In the specific operation, the equipment should check whether the oil seal is damaged. When changing the oil, check whether there is water in the tank. The oil drum is stored in a place sheltered from the rain.
6. It is not important to use lubricating oil. As long as the equipment has oil, you can use it if you buy it on the market.
A: It is absolutely necessary to pay attention to the use of lubricating oil. The lubricating oil is like the blood of the human body. The bad lubricating oil will damage your expensive equipment. Different lubricating oils contain different additives to meet the needs of different parts of the equipment. For example: Anti-oxidation The agent prevents oxidation of the oil, the rust preventive prevents the device from rusting, and the anti-wear agent prevents the device from being worn.
7. Can the oil that has been replaced after the expiration of the use period be reused?
A: Some users will reuse the replaced oil after precipitation treatment. This is not appropriate. After using the oil, the performance will be reduced. The use of the replaced oil is equivalent to the use of unqualified products. 8. Can I use a part of the lubricating oil and then add some lubricating oil when the oil change period is over?
A: The oil should be drained as much as possible. The used lubricating oil and the new lubricating oil are mixed together to reduce the lubricating oil level and shorten the service life of the lubricating oil.
9. How to judge the quality of lubricating oil from the outside?
A: The qualified lubricating oil is generally a light yellow uniform transparent liquid, and the high viscosity lubricating oil is slightly darker. (Generally, the viscosity is higher than 460#.) If the oil is black, contains impurities or contains water, it can be regarded as inferior lubricant. High-grade equipment must use the oil produced by the brand-name regular lubricant company. Unbranded products are difficult to have quality assurance, and there are more fake oils on the market, so we must pay attention to them.
10. How to choose alternative oil products for imported equipment?
A: Imported equipment generally has recommended products. From the convenience or economy, you can find alternative products in China, but you must be cautious. Models must be selected. Some oil products have special requirements. It is recommended to consult professional lubricant units. Use the factory letter to contact us, we will provide free consulting services.
11. As long as the oil is exchanged for diligence, can the lubricant be used?
A: No, low-grade lubricants will destroy the friction surface of the friction parts. The hardness layer of the parts will deepen the wear of the parts, and the damage of the hardness layer can not be compensated. The damaged surface becomes rough and causes wear and tear. Vicious circle.
Twelve, what is the meaning of lubricant viscosity?
A: Simply put: the viscosity of the lubricating oil is the speed at which the lubricating oil flows under certain conditions, and the viscosity will change with the change of temperature. Currently, the viscosity at 40 ° C or 100 ° C is used internationally as a standard.
Thirteen, does the high viscosity of the lubricant indicate that the quality of the lubricant is good?
A: No! Under normal circumstances, the running speed of the parts is high, and the load on the surface of the parts may be smaller, the viscosity of the matching lubricating oil is low (for example: spindle oil), and vice versa, the viscosity of the matching lubricating oil is higher (example: gear oil ). Of course, in the end, we must follow the equipment supplier's selection of lubricants.) In addition to the viscosity, the quality of the lubricant includes many indicators, so the viscosity cannot be used to evaluate the quality of the lubricant.
14. What is the problem of lubricating oil foaming during equipment operation?
A: Generally, it is a quality problem of lubricating oil. A large amount of foam should not appear in the use of qualified lubricating oil. Users should not use lubricating oil that will produce foam. Another possible reason is that the mixed oil may cause foam, so care should be taken to avoid the mixing of two or more types of lubricating oil.
15. How is the lubricant produced?
A: Lubricating oil is produced by refining the base oil from petroleum and adding various additives. Therefore, high quality base oils and additives are a guarantee for the production of high quality lubricants.
16. What is the meaning of the number of lubricants?
Answer: According to the ISO standard, the viscosity of industrial lubricants measured at 40 ° C temperature is divided into several viscosity grades. The larger the data, the higher the viscosity. Therefore, the number of lubricants refers to the viscosity grade.
17. Why do the same number of lubricants have different viscosities?
A: Each viscosity grade lubricant has a range of viscosities (equivalent to the tolerance zone for machining)
Typically, it is ±10%, the viscosity of the example 100# gear oil ranges from 90 to 110, and the viscosity of the 150# gear oil ranges from 135 to 165, which is acceptable in the viscosity range.
18. What does the viscosity index mean?
Answer: The viscosity of any lubricating oil changes with temperature. The viscosity index is the data to determine the rate of change of viscosity of oil with temperature. The higher the viscosity index, the smaller the viscosity changes with temperature. The viscosity index of industrial lubricating oil is generally above 90.
19. After the new equipment running-in period, is it necessary to replace the lubricating oil?
A: The lubricant must be replaced! Because the new equipment will initially produce more metal particles in the lubricating oil, and these metal particles will intensify the wear of the parts.
20. Why does the new machine have a running-in period, can you use poor oil during the running-in period?
A: Under normal circumstances, the new machine is in the initial stage of use, because the machining accuracy of the parts cannot be 100% accurate. Therefore, there is uneven force in the surface working process of the parts, and certain wear will occur. Wear and wear during the running-in period. As a rule of thumb, most equipment suppliers specify a run-in period of one month. The machine runs during the running-in period, the parts are more harmonious, and the machine runs more smoothly. However, since a certain amount of wear particles are in the lubricating oil, it is necessary to replace the lubricating oil. Otherwise, the worn particles may cause the machine parts to continue to wear, resulting in shortening the service life of the equipment. Although the lubricant is only used for one month during the running-in period, some users mistakenly believe that it can only be used for one month, and any oil can be used. Here, the user is especially reminded that the engine oil must not be used in the running-in period. The reasons are as follows:
1. Different parts of the machine have different requirements for lubricating oil. The running-in period does not reduce the performance requirements of lubricating oil. On the contrary, the performance of lubricating oil is higher. During the machine running-in phase, due to the error of the machining of the parts, the impact of the surface of the part is greater, and it is more necessary to protect the working surface of the part from damage by high-quality lubricating oil.
2. The running-in period only wears out the uncoordinated part of the work between the machine parts. If the surface of the parts is worn out due to the use of poor lubricating oil, the life of the equipment will be greatly shortened:
1. The general parts are heat-treated by surface, the surface hardness of the parts is high, and the internal hardness of the parts is low. If the hardness of the surface of the parts is damaged due to the poor performance of the lubricating oil, the parts will wear quickly.
2. Wear and tear is irreversible and must be replaced once it is worn and cannot be repaired. In summary, the oil should be used during the running-in period, and the oil should be changed in time after the running-in period!
Twenty-one, the wear of parts is mainly due to parts processing or material problems, lubricants are secondary?
A: No! Parts wear is related to part material, machining accuracy, and heat treatment, but proper use of lubricants is also very important! The same equipment, some users have a long service life, some have a short service life, some user parts replacement rate is high, and some replacement rates are directly related to the quality of the use of lubricants. We have encountered our work during the work. A customer has not replaced a part within three years, and another unit of the same part has been replaced several times, indicating the importance of the lubricant.
22. Is the life of the oil seal related to the use of lubricating oil?
A: The life of the oil seal is directly related to the use of lubricating oil! Some users find that the oil seal is broken after less than half a year of operation. The use of inferior lubricating oil is one of the main causes of oil seal damage. Inferior lubricating oil has poor wear resistance, which will cause wear of the shaft and bearing bush and holes, thus causing parts. The gap between the two increases, causing lateral vibration of the shaft. The oil seal will quickly damage the ring during the unsteady operation of the shaft, and this damage is unrecoverable. The new oil seal will quickly wear out on the worn parts. Therefore, we must pay attention to the use of high quality lubricants.
Twenty-three, how to identify the quality of lubricants?
A: Lubricating oil is like the blood of machine equipment. Lubricating oil with excellent performance can make the machine run healthily. On the contrary, the use of inferior lubricating oil is like blood cancer in the machine, causing irreversible wear of machine parts and shortening of machine life. Therefore, the use of high quality lubricants is very important. There are many kinds of lubricants on the market, and a certain proportion of counterfeit and shoddy lubricants exist in the market. If you buy inferior lubricants, the users will suffer huge losses. The general idea of purchasing lubricants is nothing more than the following three:
1. Purchasing according to the lubricant brand recommended by the equipment supplier.
2. Introduce purchases based on users of the same type of equipment (peer).
3. Purchasing lubricants based on the user's own experience.
How to know the quality of the purchased lubricant? Here are some experiences, may wish to make reference:
1) Please pay attention to whether the product has a brand? Is the right way to go? Please do not buy unbranded products.
2) Use a slender tube (for example: stainless steel tube) to insert the oil sample at the bottom of the barrel to observe whether the oil sample has impurities, moisture or turbidity.
This phenomenon can be considered as unqualified lubricant products.
3) Based on experience, judge whether the viscosity of the lubricant is accurate.
The following are some experiences in the process of observing and judging the lubricating oil during the user's use:
▲ Lubricating oil temperature is abnormally high: it may be that the lubricating oil has poor anti-wear performance or there is a heat source outside.
▲ Lubricating oil turns white: it is usually caused by the water in the tank.
▲Lubricating oil turns black:
1. Foreign impurities enter the tank.
2. The oil deteriorates.
3. Exceeding the oil change period.
4. Machine parts are worn out.
Parts wear may be caused by poor quality lubricants or equipment maintenance issues. Please check the worn parts. If the parts are worn in large quantities, it is generally judged to be the quality problem of the lubricating oil. If some parts of the same type are worn out and most of them are intact, it should be judged whether the lubricating oil circuit is smooth or not, and whether the oil flows to the friction. In the part, if some of the friction parts are short of oil, the part will wear and the oil will turn black. Qualified lubricating oil should ensure that the equipment is basically not worn by the user during the oil change period. The damage of the inferior lubricating oil to the machine is comprehensive. Please use high quality lubricating oil!