Don't believe in evil! The oil is in the water, but you don’t know it.
Intake of engine oil is a common fault in the use of internal combustion engines. If the oil is not in time, it will cause serious consequences, such as strokes, laps, etc., and more serious will cause the engine to be scrapped. Therefore, let Keeping water away from oil is a problem that must be paid attention to at all times. Since engine oil ingress is a common fault in the use of internal combustion engines, how should we judge the oil ingress? How should we find the reason for the oil entering the water? Let's talk about these issues briefly.
First, how to judge the oil into the water
1. If the amount of water contained in the engine oil is relatively large, the oil level of the oil will rise. At this point, we can judge by the dipstick. Once the water content in the oil is too high, the level of the lubricant will exceed the range marked by the dipstick, which is easy to discern.
2. Check engine oil for engine oil. If some parts of the engine are damaged, the engine coolant will enter the lubrication system, and oil will often be found in the coolant, so checking the engine coolant for oil is also a way to check if the oil is in the water.
3. Carefully observe the appearance of the oil, and you can easily judge whether the oil contains water. Oils that do not contain water present a translucent oily color, while oils that contain water exhibit an opaque brown or earthy yellow color. If the oil contains moisture, the engine will appear milky white with foam after running for a while. This is because the oil reacts with the coolant in the high temperature inside the engine, and the oil is emulsified into an emulsion.
Second, what will happen to the oil entering the water?
If the engine oil is light, the engine temperature will be too high, and if it is heavy, it will lead to the failure of pulling the cylinder and holding the tile. In more serious cases, the engine will be scrapped. So what is the principle that causes these failures?
1. Under normal circumstances, the water content in the oil is below 0.03%. If the water content exceeds 0.1%, the additives in the lubricating oil (such as antioxidants, detergent dispersants, etc.) will react with water and fail. The performance of the oil will drop.
2. Under the high temperature inside the engine, the oil will chemically react with water, the oil will be emulsified, and the lubricating effect of the oil will be reduced a lot.
3. After the oxidation resistance of the oil is reduced, the organic acid formed by the oxidation of the oil will react with water to form a mineral acid, which will cause corrosion to the engine components, causing the parts to rust or be damaged.
Third, the main reason for the oil into the water
1. The oil radiator is damaged, causing the oil to enter the water.
The radiator pipe is broken, and the water outside the radiator will penetrate into the oil radiator, causing the oil to enter the water.
2, the engine water plugging water causes the oil to enter the water
After the engine was used for several years, due to the corrosion of scale, some water blocked the rust, causing the cooling water to enter the oil passage from the waterway and down to the oil sump. This situation is also very common, so check the water block frequently.
3. Damage to the cylinder seal ring will cause the oil to enter the water.
The wet cylinder liner is in direct contact with the cooling water, and the sealing ring at the lower part of the cylinder liner can effectively prevent leakage of oil and cooling water. In use, the sealing ring is subjected to a certain pressure, and sometimes the water quality of the cooling water is poor, causing corrosion. After the engine is operated for a long time, the sealing ring is easily broken.
Damage to the cylinder seal is a major cause of oil ingress. Therefore, when checking the cause of oil ingress, be sure to check that the seal of the cylinder liner is intact.
4, the crack in the cylinder liner is easy to cause the oil to enter the water
When the hot cylinder liner is directly in contact with the cooling water, cracks are likely to occur. Once the crack occurs, the cooling water will directly enter the cylinder and enter the oil sump through the cylinder wall, which will make the oil white, and the oil will turn white. It can cause problems such as poor engine burning and white smoke.
Under normal circumstances, the cylinder liner is not prone to cracks, such as the occurrence of improper maintenance, such as cold winter, the cooling water is not filled with antifreeze caused by icing, this situation may cause the cylinder Set of cracks. There is also a hot cylinder cover that encounters cooler cooling water.
5, the cylinder head gasket damage causes the oil to enter the water
The function of the engine cylinder head is to seal the water channels and oil passages corresponding to each cylinder and each cylinder, so as to avoid the oil entering the water. If the cylinder head gasket is damaged, the water circulation speed is fast, and the water in the water channel will flow into the oil oil passage, causing the oil to enter the water.
Damage to the cylinder head gasket is also one of the important reasons for the oil inlet water. After each disassembly of the machine, try to use a new cylinder head gasket to avoid leakage of water from the cylinder gasket and cause engine damage.
to sum up
Engine oil inlet water can be said to be a common fault in internal combustion engines, and we can judge whether the oil is in the water by several aspects such as the appearance color of the oil, the oil level of the oil, and the observation of the oil coolant. If the oil is found to be in the water, we can also check the oil radiator, water block, cylinder seal, cylinder liner, cylinder head gasket, etc. to determine the cause of the oil entering the water.